Norton Utility FileSaver files contain the details of your physical disk and the information related to it that is stored on it which allows the disks to be used. The FileSaver has two disk files in case a wrong file gets saved on any of the two files.
Every time you restart your Mac OS, FileSaver activates those files which were inactive in the previous session and updates the current file in the current session. In case the file gets damaged in this current session, you still have the information in the file that is saved on the previous sessions.
If your Mac OS is idle for most of the time then the Norton nu16 File Saver will every time switch to the active file in every 24 hours. If the Volume Information Files (VIF) was created with the previous versions of Norton Utilities for Mac OS, it will be used with the Mac 3.5 x and lower. And they wouldn’t be accessed with the Volume Recover and check whether you have the latest version of Norton Utility FileSaver.
Here, in this article learn about the use of volume recover with Norton nu 16 FileSaver files.
Follow the steps to look for the Norton Utilities FileSaver files-
- Choose any one of the following-
- Select the ‘Volume Recover’ option in the Norton Utilities main window.
- Select the ‘Volume Recover’ from Norton nu 16 menu-
- Click on the icon of the disk where you wish to look for the Volume Recover icon.
- Click on the ‘Volume Recover’ icon in the Norton tools folder.
- Click on the disk and select the ‘Search’ option.
- In case the located Norton nu 16 FileSaver isn’t for the volume you want to recover or you think there is more information in FileSaver for the volume then click on the ‘Search more’ option.
- Select the ‘most recent FileSaver rescue information file’, in case the located FileSaver rescue information is exactly for the volume you wished to recover.
- Click on the ‘Restore’ option, after selecting the Norton Utility FileSaver information file.
Be cautious, before progressing with the following-
- Any of those files which are created after the recent Norton Utility FileSaver information file wouldn’t be recovered.
- Any of the file which gets changed or deleted after the FileSaver information file will be recovered but it may get damaged.
- You can’t just undo the process after it is done.
- To restore the FileSaver information on the selected volume, select the ‘Proceed’ option.
- Reboot your system. The restored FileSaver information will replace the current disk information.
- If you wish to select another FileSaver information file then go back to the step 4 and repeat the same process thereafter.
To download the Norton Utilities 16, you need to visit norton.com/setup
Ragnar is a professional technical writer who completed Masters of engineering management from Princeton University, US and has been writing for past 11 years. He transforms technical information using a comprehensive and easy approach for all the readers and tech lovers to understand the complexity of respective subject. Covering the area of hardware such as brother printers to software like Kaspersky, Ragnar’s articles help users to clarify their doubts.