Norton has provided a great relief to its users by offering an advanced layer of protection against the online threats like viruses, spyware, malware and other cyber attacks. Although the Norton offers various sophisticated features to its users, but they may face some common errors or issues while activating the Norton setup to their device. And one such activation errors is “Unable to Activate”. Thus, to troubleshoot the Norton “Unable to Activate” error, I am going to detail some of easiest ways in the below information.
The Norton “Unable to Activate” error is mostly caused when the users are trying to activate the Norton Setup installed to another device by using the email installation invite. As the Norton activation error occurs on the device, an error message box is displayed on the screen that shows the error message as shown below:
“Unable to Activate the Norton Setup to this device”
By following the solutions detailed below, the users could easily troubleshoot the Norton “Unable to Activate” error:
Method 1: Send the Email Invite to Install the Norton Setup:
- Firstly, send the email with all the installation instructions to the device on which the user need to install the Norton Setup. For sending the email installation invite, follow the below instructions:
- Sign in to the Norton account.
- After this, go to the “My Subscriptions” section from the “Settings” menu of the Norton account.
- Now, select the Norton Setup that the users want to install to another device and then, click the “Download” button.
- After this, tap the “Install on another device” link.
- Now, enter the email access that the users can access on another device. And then, click the “Send” button.
- Now, install the Norton Setup to another device by following the set of instructions involved within the installation invite sent by the user.
- To install the Norton Setup, login to email address to which the email installation invite has been sent in the above step.
- Now, select the installation invite in the email and tap the “install” button.
- After this, click the “Agree & Download” button on the new window appeared to the user.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions for executing the downloaded file on the device.
- Once the execution of the downloaded file becomes successful to the device, it will automatically gets installed and activate to that device.
Method 2: Download the Norton Setup to another device through Norton Account:
- Firstly, login or sign in to the Norton account from the device on which the users want to install the Norton Setup.
- Now, select the “Settings” icon i.e. the gear icon on the users’ Norton account.
- And then, from the droop-down list, select the “My Subscriptions” option.
- After this, a window will be displayed on the screen that displays all the Norton products subscribed by the users.
- Out of these subscriptions, select the one that the users want to install to their device.
- Now, click the “Download” button and then, tap the “Agree & Download” button within the “Install on this device” window.
- After this, a set of instructions will be displayed on the screen that needs to be followed by the Norton users for executing the downloaded file of the Norton Setup.
- On completion of the process of execution of the Norton downloaded file, the Norton setup automatically gets downloaded, installed as well as activated to the device.
For any help regarding the aforementioned troubleshooting steps of Norton “Unable to Activate” error, call the Norton Customer Support on the Norton.com/Setup toll-free number. The Norton Customer S8upoort team is available round the clock in order to offer their support services to its users.
An expert in technical writing, James Watson has been studying and writing on all the latest technologies. Be it Outlook, Internet security services, Microsoft and Antivirus, he strives to grab knowledge of even minor updates or changes occurring in the current technological world. Many publishers have published a number of articles written by him.