Norton Antivirus is one of the anti-malware software developed by the Symantec Corporation for its users of different platform Like Windows, Android, Mac or iOS. All the Norton products offers a great malware protection to its users as well as the protection against the online threats that may harm their devices in several ways. Despite of having such amazing features in-built to the Norton Setup, the users may face some common errors or issues while installing it to their device. And one such common installation errors is Norton “Not Responding” error. Thus, in the below information, I am going to detail the easiest way of troubleshooting the Norton “Not Responding” error.
The Norton “Not Responding” error is mostly caused due to the presence of any third party antivirus software to the users’ device that might conflict the installation process. As a result of this, the process of Norton.com/Setup installation either takes too long or stops responding. As the error occurs on the device, an error message box is displayed on the screen that shows the error message as shown below:
“Norton Not Responding”
By following the solutions detailed below, the users could easily resolve the Norton “Not Responding” error on their device:
Method 1: Uninstall the entire conflicting security product:
- First of all, launch the start menu of the device by clicking the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- And from the start menu, click the “Run” option.
- To make an ease, the users may use the shortcut keys i.e. Windows key + ‘R’ for opening the “Run” dialogue box.
- Now, in the run dialogue box, type the command as shown below and then, hit the “Enter” key.
- After this, a list will be displayed to the users that show all the programs that have been currently installed to the device.
- From this list, select the third party security product and then, click the Uninstall or Remove option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions for uninstalling or removing the conflicting programs.
- Once the process of uninstall gets completed, restart the device and then, try to install the Norton setup to it.
Method 2: Install the Norton Setup from Safe Mode:
- First and foremost, exit all the programs actively running on the device.
- Now, hit the “Windows key + ‘R’” keys on the keyboard for launching the Run dialogue box.
- And then, in the Open text box, type the command as shown below:
- After this, hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, the “User Account Control” window will be displayed to the users.
- In this window, tap the “Yes” or “Continue” button.
- After this, the “System Configuration” window will be displayed to the users.
- Here, under the boot tab, click the “Safe boot and Network” option.
- After selecting the option, click the “OK” button.
- Now, the users will be asked to restart the device. To do so, click the “Restart” option.
- And then, the device will be started in the “Safe” mode with networking.
- Now, try to install the Norton Setup to the device.
If the Norton “Not Responding” error still persists on the device then, the users may call the Norton Customer Support on the Norton toll-free number. The Norton Customer Support team is available all round the clock for offering their support services to its users of different platform.
An expert in technical writing, James Watson has been studying and writing on all the latest technologies. Be it Norton, Internet security services, Microsoft and Antivirus, he strives to grab knowledge of even minor updates or changes occurring in the current technological world. Many publishers have published a number of articles written by him.