Now-a-days, the cyber criminals are getting more powerful, by finding as well as adopting the newer strategies for causing the harm to the users’ device or data over internet. Thus, the online security providers like Norton has included the features like anti-phishing and secure data encryptions to its toolbars or extensions added to the web browser like Google Chrome.
Sometimes the users need to remove or disable the Norton toolbars through the web browser, temporarily for carrying out the higher priority task on their device like installing the updates of the Operation system. This is because the features like anti-phishing or secure data encryptions of the Norton Setup toolbar causes the installation errors on the device.
It has not been recommended to disable or remove the Norton Setup toolbar, permanently as it might make the device prone towards the virus attacks. Thus, once the task gets completed on the device, enable the Norton Setup, to keep the device safe & secure. For getting the Norton setup or Norton toolbar to the device, the users may access the link: Norton.com/setup.
Steps to remove the Norton setup toolbar are as follows:
- First of all, launch the web browser on the device by double-clicking its icon either through Start menu or desktop.
- And then, click the “Customize and Control” icon i.e. the three dots placed vertically, displayed next to the URL bar of browser.
- After this, select the “More Tools” option from the context menu.
- Now, a sub-menu will appear on the screen. Here, select the “Extensions” option.
- The “Extensions” window will appear on the browser, showing all the extensions added to the browser.
(Important Note: The users may refer the contact us section of the link: Norton.com/Setup.)
- Navigate the extension list to search for the “Norton Toolbar” and then, tap the “Disable” button displayed in front of it.
After completing the process of installing the updates of Operating System or higher priority tasks, reverse the aforementioned steps for enabling the Norton Setup to the device.
An expert in technical writing, James Watson has been studying and writing on all the latest technologies. Be it Norton, Internet security services, Microsoft and Antivirus, he strives to grab knowledge of even minor updates or changes occurring in the current technological world. Many publishers have published a number of articles written by him.