Norton smart firewall alerts you about the attempts made by other computers to connect with yours. This major step makes you aware of any unwanted risk to lose sensitive data whether it is on personal level or professional.
Before you start to do the settings as motioned in the article below, make sure you have an activated Norton Setup on your PC. Check and confirm if the subscription is going to expire by visiting on norton.com/setup. Login to your Norton account and renew the subscription if needed. In case you are having trouble with Norton smart firewall or with the product you are using, please dial on Norton Customer Support Number for help.
Now you can proceed to add firewall rules for better experience of surfing internet. To add firewall rules, you have two different options as mentioned:
- Traffic rule
- Program rule
How to add traffic rule?
- Launch Norton on your PC
- In the Norton home page, go to Settings option
- Under the Settings window, select Firewall
- On the Traffic Rules tab, click Add and continue
- When directed to the next page, follow the directions in the Add Rule wizard
- In the Traffic Rules window, click OK
Once you are done with adding traffic rules, you can proceed to add program rule.
How to add program rule?
- Launch Norton setup and go to Settings
- In the Settings section, choose Firewall
- You are now prompted to the Program Control tab
- In the Program section, pick the program to which you want to insert a rule
- Click Modify to continue
- You can also use the Access drop-down menu available next to the program to change the access level for the program. Therefore, Smart Firewall modifies or creates the related rule for the course
- In the Rules window, click Add and go to the next step
- Execute the directions in the Add Rule wizard
- In the Rules window, click OK to complete the process
The process has been executed successfully. In case you fail to complete the process or encounter any error while execution, call on Norton Customer Support Number to get help.